These cookies are so easy to make and they make such a nice DIY gift that is sure to be appreciated. You can wrap them up nicely in a nice box with a custom label on each cookie. You can write a different message on each label. These can be served at weddings with silver sprinkles, at birthday parties with hot chocolate or to guests with coffee or tea.
- Cookie dough
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces chocolate
- Colored sprinkles
- Roll out the cookie dough.
- Cut into rectangles.
- Fold the two top corners inside (see picture).
- Make a hole in the top middle.
- Bake according to the cookie dough instructions.
- If the hole in the top has closed then pierce the cookie again while it is hot to open the hole.
- Allow to cool.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and then place into a small bowl.
- Heat the cream over medium heat until it comes to a boil. As it comes to a boil remove from the heat.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and whisk until the chocolate melts.
- Dip the bottom of the cookie in the chocolate mixture.
- Sprinkle colored sprinkles on the chocolate.
- Allow to dry.
- Create custom labels.
- Tie string to the cookie on one end and the custom label on the other end.
If you are giving the cookies as a gift then place them in a gift box.